This blog is between sculptor/writer Bridgette Mongeon and those individuals that she mentors. If you are interested in a mentorship program with Bridgette Mongeon, contact her through her website.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Accountability- Progress Page- What is it and how do I do it?

A mentorship between student and mentor flourishes with accountability.

As an individual, I'm all about accountability.  What is accountability? Well... accountability is simply being responsible and sharing how you have been responsible or in some cases irresponsible. You share that willingly with another.  

In other words, in the case of this mentorship, I'm agreeing to take my time to put together these posts, take out time from my work day to have classes etc. In doing this— I'm being accountable to you. I'm showing you that I am responsible for what I have committed to.  

Because this is a self guided study, with me as a mentor and you as a student. I have no idea what a student does or doesn't do unless they are accountable.  That is why I have asked my student, in this case Austin, though there may be others, to document what he does an send it to me- weekly.   He will do this and, with his permission I will post it here.  

The cool thing about accountability is that it helps to motivate you and keep you on the right track. You end up wanting to show what you can do, and how far you can go, and therefore you end up doing more than you would.

We will title our accountability as Progress Page.  Please send these to me weekly in an email and I'll transfer them to the blog. 

A sample Progress Page might look like this. 

PROGRESS PAGE
DATES- June 7-13 2015

June 7th Prior to meeting with Bridgette she asked me to draw my own portrait.  I did this. 

June 8th- (Austin- I will can help you document our private sessions) 
Private session at Bridgette's studio.  Went through the website, learned how to follow the links and what a "self guided" study might look like.  Watched Bridgette do a sketch of herself as she shared what her brain was telling her, even when her brain would say negative things. 
Learned
* not to name parts
* draw only what I see
* how to compare one thing to another. 
* learned "directional" shading

June 9th  on this day I followed the links on the work of Giocomeeti. The answers to some of the art questions are below.  ( you might also do what I did in the later part of the other video)  In the video of __( insert link here)____ I like the image at  The reason why is_______

On June 9th I sketched my hand - I liked the way it came out but didn't like my shading

On June 12th Been away from art for a few days, good to get back I put some entries into my common place book. 

June 13th My sister was watching tv and I decided to try and do a profile or side view sketch of her using what I learned in "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain." I hope I can sketch every family member before the summer is out. 

Artwork from this week that I want to share on the blog (Your mom can take pictures with her cell phone or we can do this when we meet.)

Private thoughts from this week (Here you may want to add things that you don't want public) Thoughts or questions you put in the e mail will not be made public.  




No comments:

Post a Comment