This blog is between sculptor/writer Bridgette Mongeon and those individuals that she mentors. If you are interested in a mentorship program with Bridgette Mongeon, contact her through her website.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Work with Austin- your self guided study- HOME WORK

June 8th 2015
Today Austin had private instruction in drawing. Much of which comes from my many years of teaching Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.   He asked what work he should do.  I have given him the following. I have also told him that this is a self guided study.  That means that these instructions are a start to what he can do. He can chose to just do this or he can go further. How fast he goes and what he does is up to him. His homework is:

1. Go over the post about Giacometti  Answer questions and follow links.

2. Where did you go with your art search? Did you look further?

3. Sketch

4. Influences for your Common Place book.

5. Practice seeing.

June 12th. 2015
Today Austin and I went over the blog post on value and shading. I asked him to please try to follow the links and do some of the tasks that the websites give so that he can  learn more about shading and value

He finished his "after portrait"  we compared the two and he critiqued his own art, which was very impressive.

1. He will finish his upside down portrait of Einstein at home.

2. I encourage him to draw/sketch, explore and be watchful of things to add to his common place book.

3. If you can look over the long video of Giacometti. I'll try to watch it this week and add some of my comments on the work. You can add any of your own comments or reflect on my comments.

4. You can look over the book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain up to Chapter 5. Please don't do any other exercises from the book. We will do some of these together.

CHECK THIS BLOG REGULARLY.  I may add another post on another artist. Because this is a self guided study you can go as fast or as slow as you like. The more you put into this study, the more you will get out of the study.  If it were me, I would try to dedicate a minimum of 3-4 hours a week.  As you know time spent sketching can go by very, very fast.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment