This blog is between sculptor/writer Bridgette Mongeon and those individuals that she mentors. If you are interested in a mentorship program with Bridgette Mongeon, contact her through her website.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Progress Page- Austin- July 7- July 13 2015

Austin "Before" 
June 7th Prior to meeting with Bridgette she asked me to draw a self portrait.  I did this. After a  week of instruction I did an another portrait.
Austin "After" 1 week of instruction





















June 8th- 
Private session at Bridgette's studio.  Went through the website, learned how to follow the links and what a "self guided" study might look like.  Watched Bridgette do a sketch of herself as she shared what her brain was telling her, even when her brain would say negative things. 
I learned—
* not to name parts
* draw only what I see
* how to compare one thing to another. 
* learned "directional" shading
* not to outline

June 11th- 
I sketched my cousin- cheyenne at my aunts house

Giacometti- 
I watched the video and did research on Giacometti. Bridgette asked me to answer these questions.
  • Look at the work in this video?  Do you think this is the type of work that Giacometti has always done? How has his work changed over his life time?  
Yes, because he has a whole studio of statues. In my opinion, his work has gotten more depressing over time. 
  • Who is the artist?
Alberto Giacometti
  • Did they go by another name?
No.
  • How do other's describe their work?  Just jot down terms that others might use to describe his work. look for terms like "contemporary, abstract, etc " 
Formalist.  ( "Interesting" is my opinion.)
  • When did they live? 
1901-1966
  • Where did he live? 
Switzerland
  • What is he known as? What other medium did he use? 
Swiss sculptor and painter. Cast metal, bronze, molding clay and stone
  • What is your favorite piece or pieces? 
The walking man
  • Why do you like those pieces?
I like his pieces because he takes normal daily activities and turns them into an extraordinary piece of art.  

Yes, I did go further- typed in google and looked at different sites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment